Sunday, September 7, 2014

Blog Assignment#3

How Can You Provide Meaning Feedback to Your Peers?

I think I can provide meaningful feedback to my peers by being positive. I am a very positive person. I think I can help my peers by just encouragement. I feel when you go to college you do not get much encouragement. College can make you feel alone. You feel as if you only have yourself. The classmates are my peers. We are on the same team. Peer editing is meant to improve your team. Negativity will only bring down your team. I think encouragement will also bring unity to my peers because we are all in it together. Everyone needs improvement but no one needs negativity.

The video "What is peer editing?", offers great idea on how to comment on your fellow peer's blog posts. I loved the word peers because if you have a peer. The peer is on your team. You have to stay positive when working with your team. I know I have grammatical errors or sentences that does not sound right. It is hard to put your thoughts from your head in words.Peer Edit with Perfect Tutorial slideshow really helps you improve your peer editing by showing you the steps. It is a good way for me to improve my peer editing because I know I have never had to read other peer's work. Peer editing is brand new to me.

The video "Writing Peer Review Top 10 Mistakes," was really great. It was a fun way to show how not to act when peer editing. The video was fun to watch. The slide show was great because it gave you instructions but this video actually showed you how you sound when you edit someone's post. It is a fine line between being mean and helpful. I hope will not sound like a "Picky Paty!"

2 comments:

  1. Very good blog post! Great job at adding in links and a picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I completely agree that keeping a positive attitude is the best way to provide meaningful feedback. Negativity breeds negativity. If you want your peers to take your critique to heart, it needs to come from a positive place. You have to show that you want them to succeed.

    ReplyDelete