Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Blog Post Assignment#7

How Do We All Become Learners?


  I think every one is learners it comes natural to everyone. My example is when you see something you do not recognize. You will ask someone who is near you what that object is. The person answering your question is teaching you. It can be as complex as qua tam physics or as easy as video game. I think it is possible to be become better learners. The first step in becoming that better leaner is you have to want too. You have to be eager. I would then evaluate yourself. I evaluated myself on the learning qualities. My strengths are the following: fast learner, positive attitude, punctual, and good with technology. My weaknesses are the following: procrastinator, does not like new technology, and my attention span is too short. My current preparation is getting better. I started this class for example waiting till Sunday to do all of my work. I now am finished with my work before Wednesday night. I wanted to become a better student in my Edm 310 class. I self evaluated my problems. I found out it was that I was procrastinating my homework. It is a classic example of how we all become better learners. We are already learners. We just have to be better learners. 

 Video's Summary

 I learned many new things from the videos. I know I downloaded Poplet on my Ipad before I was finished watching all of the videos. Poplet is an app. It allows you to build projects easier and organize your thoughts. It is a blank screen that allows you to drop anything you want in it. This video will give you a example of a student using it. The Ipad is a great way to teach children to read. I watched the Ipad reading center video. I was blown away by two things. One, the kindergarten student knows how to work and Ipad and two, the student by hearing his voice helped him correct his mistakes. Teacher who are not lucky enough for every one to have an Ipad can use the QR code. The QR code can be used by using a computer. You go to recordMp3.org. You then simply record the student reading or yourself reading. Group based learning projects are important to your classroom as I learned last week. Discover Ed is a really cool tool to help your group present your project. The research can be done on Discover Ed or AVL. I remember when they created Alabama Virtual Library. AVL is a great tool to teach kids how to research. Research is important is very key to to learn any subject. I learned the most from the last video. The video was, "We All Become Learners." The video consisted of Dr. Strange, Elizabeth Davis Daphne elementary, and Michelle Bennett Gulf Shores elementary. They talked about how everyone is learning in the classroom because of technology. Mrs. Bennett made a point about  how technology breaks down all of the barriers and makes everybody one. I think that stood out the most to me because if everybody is one learning becomes breathing. It is also when I saw the importance of all of the other videos. Technology makes everyone a learner and we are more learners now then teachers. You have to become a better learner to become the almost perfect teacher. 

Onlineteacher




2 comments:

  1. Isaac,
    I was also very impressed with the students in elementary school who understood how to use the iPad effectively. Towards the end of your post, I liked when you talked about how "learning becomes breathing." That's what we want in our students anyway, to find something they are interested in and to begin learning like they are breathing.
    With that being said, I think that you need to reread your post before you publish it. There were several grammar mistakes that could be fixed by rereading. Overall, I thought you brought up some good key points in your post.
    Kyle

    ReplyDelete