Sunday, October 19, 2014

Blog Post #9

What Can Teachers and Students Teach Us About Project Based Learning?

    Student and teachers can teach us anything and everything we need to know about project based learning. Teachers can help teach you what the students can learn with project based learning. The students can help teach you how much they learned. All of these things are important for the learning process. I have already learned the base of project based learning. Project based learning has to be centered around a driving question. The driving question is the heartbeat of project based learning. The driving question has to have no yes or no answer. I learned about the driving question from the seven essentials for project based learning article. Project Based Learning for teachers video I learned how to take the driving question and make it into a critical thinking challenge. Critical thinking is one of the best ways for anyone to learn. The question has an answer that no one knows including the teacher. The students and teachers get to partake in a learning experience.

  I am  going to be a physical education teacher. I really enjoyed the articles PE in the classroom, Project Based learning in PE. Since, I learned about project based learning I  was wondering how I could insert project based learning into my PE classroom. I found out that the PE is one of the best classes to do project based learning. The environment is really one of the natural open environments of all the class room. The projects that can be accomplished in the classroom our endless. The image I used below is to help PE teachers use PBL.

 Project based learning is a great way for everyone to learn. I think the key is for students to be motivated. I watched "What motivates Student?" The most important thing that I learned from the video is that everyone at any ages have goals. The children were very young and were already career obligated. I think it is our job to use PBL to help keep children motivated.





 



3 comments:

  1. Nick,
    I enjoyed reading your post because I am too was clueless to how Project Based Learning could work in a P.E. setting. I never thought about how P.E. has a "natural open environment" for it to take place in. I also liked how you described the driving question as the "heartbeat" of the lesson, since PLB is based upon this essential question. You probably need to provide a link for the "What motivates students?" video, though, and I didn't see the alt and title modifiers on the picture (but I do like the image!). These should be easy fixes, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nick! I really enjoyed your post! I also like the P.E. PBL source. It was one of my favorites. It gave us as teachers more ways to think about Project Based Learning! Thanks for your help on Project 12! You're the real MVP! -Alex

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must follow the directions for each blog posts. The blog post instructions asked you to respond to the two videos you responded to as well as three additional sources to answer the driving question.

    ReplyDelete