Sunday, August 24, 2014

Blog Assignment #1

What About EDM310?

The picture at the bottom is what I have heard about EDM310. It holds a reputation for a hard class. I asked a few students that have already completed the class. The common thing said about the class was a head shake with the words "get ready." I think many people think it is a hard class because of the pace of the class. It requires a lot of work out of the classroom. EDM 310 puts the learning in the student's hands. I think many classes do not do that, therefore we are not prepared for this class. I think many students are hoping for the "spoon" approach. We normally do not push ourselves to learn on our own.

What fears do you have about EDM 310?

I fear that I could get left behind and lost. I will say it again the pace of this class is laser quick. You have to be prepared for each class and prepared to listen intently. I did not read the blog manual before the second meeting. I was not prepared for using HTML line breaks. I learned by reading the manual in the class. You cannot do that because I missed critical learning about other information containing the practice blog. The information that was being taught was most likely the building blocks of completing a professional blog. The class also shows you that information can be learned by yourself. Preparation is the key to not having this fear. I know now the importance of preparation.

. Compare and contrast EDM310 with other courses you have taken in college or high school EDM 310 is not like any other class I have taken. I will compare the blog assignments to my first English Composition class. We had to write a page consisting of an overview and opinion of the story we read each week. It is similar of having to put down your thoughts each week on a subject you just covered. It is different because our blog makes us show the teacher if we can use the things we have learned during the week by using them properly in the blog. The practice blog made us show the teacher we had a working blog. Project one was to complete a working blog. The blogs have to with s subject and will correlate with the projects and activity of the week. EDM 310 is making you give an original idea about education and using the technology at hand in the world.

What do you think will be the most difficult thing for you in EDM310?

The most difficult thing for me to do in EM310 will be creating a trailer. I have not had much experience with an video camera. I have never uploaded a video on the internet. A trailer is also editing of the video. I have never edited any video. I think that will be the most difficult. I have created rubric before. I also have used twitter for some time. I have not much experience in trailer creating.

What is the best way for you to address this “most difficult” aspect of EDM310?

The best way for me to address my problem of having not much experience is by making trailers. I do agree practice makes perfect. I think I should start uploading "practice" videos first to Facebook or Youtube. I think after I get use to it. I should use google and find out how you can make a trailer. I should then practice uploading them. I think these methods and going to lab for some feedback will help me turn this difficult task into a easy one.

What questions do you still have about EDM310? What ideas do you have about how to address those questions?

I have a few questions regarding blogs. I still do feel comfortable doing blogs yet. I also have questions regarding the projects. The best way to address the questions regarding the blogs is by reading the blog manual and the links to writing a blog. My question is mainly about the format. The questions I have about the projects is how to complete the projects. I will ask Dr. Strange or go to lab to answer those questions. All of my questions are minor ones. I just need to become clear on them because you cannot get behind in this class.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you that this is a hard class, it is very fast paced and alot of informion to learn. I fear video recording as well, since I have never done one. I think this class will be fun once we know how to do everything. I like the picture you posted under your blog, it sums up how I feel in EDM310. I have not used twitter yet, how do you like it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done.

    I would argue EDM310 is particularly challenging intellectually but it does require a good bit of time and a lot of practice.

    Ask. Practice. Come to the Lab. Those are they key factors to success.

    Welcome to EDM310!

    ReplyDelete